[hangout] Re: [linux-elitists] It's all the US linux users' fault.

Thomas Hallaran thallara@watson.wustl.edu
Tue Oct 30 12:05:57 PST 2001

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Ruben Safir wrote:
>  In fact, I
> beleive some, even many, need to be stumped out so that the rest of us
> earthlings can continue peaceful, free development.

I can't quite let this slip by. Advocating genocide and or cultural
anihilation seems a far cry from "giving ones life" for your country or
for your fellow man. Calling to "stump out" out some , "even many" peoples
or cultures that inhibit your self concieved, so called " peaceful
development"  puts you squarely in a camp occupied by genocidal rowandans,
the kmer rouge, and lots of other angry, intollerant, and trully
frightening people.

I personally would not ever charecterize the development of the Human race
or more specifically the West as anything like "peacefull" and it seems to
me a lot of our collective problems come from a percieved need to "stump"
out people who we believe are in our way.

2 cents -

 --
Tom Hallaran
Informatics