[linux-elitists] It's all the US linux users' fault.

Carpman carpman@voidptr.org
Tue Oct 30 04:49:29 PST 2001

I read this on the register this morning in reference to Allan Cox's
decision to keep the US in the dark about security problems in kernel 2.2

"The programmer plans to post Linux security information exclusively on
a Web site that will block access from the U.S."

This makes me feel bad about the future of the O.S. that I have come to
love so much. I hate the DMCA as much as he does, but doing exactly what
it says to do is not how you get a bad law overturned. Besides the fact
that Cox lives in the U.K. I doubt that the U.S. congress will listen to
him much since there foaming at the mouth about terrorism right now. I
think that this is the wrong thing at the wrong time aimed at the wrong
people.

This just drives me nuts.