[linux-elitists] Internet Archive "wayback machine"

Seth David Schoen schoen@loyalty.org
Thu Oct 25 14:38:28 PDT 2001

Via Cryptome, which has a link to an _LA Times_ article about the
event, I learned that the Internet Archive project has made available
to the public its historical database of web sites.

http://web.archive.org/

(If you saw a lot of "alexa.com" robot hits in your web logs starting
around 1996, that's what it was, and they've got _you_ in this
archive.)

I had a good time looking up earlier versions of my web sites and the
sites of organizations I've been associated with.  Lots of nostalgia,
and also potentially useful research.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen@loyalty.org> | Its really terrible when FBI arrested
Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/ | hacker, who visited USA with peacefull