[linux-elitists] Re: pho: Tonight on Disney

Seth David Schoen schoen@loyalty.org
Mon Oct 22 17:08:18 PDT 2001

Greg KH writes:

> On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 07:53:21PM -0400, Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:
> >
> > The owner of the monopoly does not have to be consulted prior to my sharing
> > my inforamtion and archives with others.  If I sell copies of it to others,
> > that is another matter.  The would infrindge on the limited monopoly
> > holders rights.
>
> So warez sites are legal as they don't charge money?

This was true until the NET Act, which created the first U.S. criminal
penalties for noncommercial copyright infringement.

http://www.google.com/search?q=lamacchia+loophole

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen@loyalty.org> | Its really terrible when FBI arrested
Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/ | hacker, who visited USA with peacefull