[linux-elitists] Re: pho: Tonight on Disney

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Oct 22 11:55:52 PDT 2001

begin Greg KH quotation of Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 09:27:51AM -0700:

> I agree.  I saw the show and was amazed at the audacity of it.

Yes, if TV tells kids not to do something, they stop right away.
Look at how none of them drink and smoke any more.

Every night I get down on my knees and pray for "Hey Kids!
Don't run Linux!" public service announcements.  (That, and a funny
Republican who can draw, so newspaper editors can stop running
"Mallard Fillmore" to try to balance out "Doonesbury.")

I hate being a copyright conservative stuck in the middle between
infringe-o-matic punks and DRM fascists.  Is there no respect for
tradition or moderation any more?  Oh, wait, stupid question.

ObLinuxELitism:

So, I'm trying to start with a high uptime at boot, and can get
a little ways by changing the

unsigned long volatile jiffies;

line in kernel/timer.c -- but it seems like the higher I set it,
the longer the delay at boot time.   (This was on a PowerPC SBC)
What's the secret recipe for inflating uptimes, I mean helping with
kernel QA by testing jiffies rollover?

http://zgp.org/~dmarti
                                                Free the web, burn all GIFs.
burnallgifs.org is switching registrars.    http://198.144.202.250/ for now.