[linux-elitists] [jays@panix.com: [free-sklyarov] W3C ridiculous new policy on patents (fwd)]

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Oct 1 12:36:29 PDT 2001

begin  Karsten M. Self quotation of Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 03:02:37PM -0700:

> ...so...you're happy with this?

No, but previous patent policies have been RAND-only.  The new W3C
policy at least institutionalizes a free-software-compatible way
to do it as well as the old patent cartel way.

> Anyone got a candidate list for who they'd put on a blue-ribbon
> committee to examin W3C's policies and procedures in drafting standards?

Professors Eben Moglen and Lawrence Lessig, but everybody knows
that already.

--
Don Marti      What do we want?  Free Dmitry!  When do we want it?  Now!
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Free Dmitry: http://eff.org/