[linux-elitists] Bank of America doesn't want our business?

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 25 14:01:56 PST 2001

on Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 09:36:54AM -0800, Ben Woodard (ben@zork.net) wrote:
> > GNU/Linux on x86 counts as "IBM Compatible" in my book.
> >
> > Mozilla or NS 6 counts as a Netscape 4.7 or later browser.
>
> Actually it doesn't. They have JavaScript in their web pages which
> basically stops a browser other than Netscape 4.7 or IE 5 from
> entering their site.

Then tell the bank their directions are out of line with reality.

> >   - Drop a line to the editor of your local bank.
>
> Editor of my local bank?

Gah!

Editor of local newspaper, preferably business section.  I'm getting
memeblocks lately.  Particularly bad when I'm listening to the radio.