[linux-elitists] FTC hearings on Antitrust vs. patents?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sun Nov 18 11:24:59 PST 2001

"Standard-setting, cross-licensing and patent pools, unilateral refusals
to deal, other business practices, the proliferation of patents, the
changing scope of patents, and the role of the Federal Circuit will be
among the topics on the agenda."

-- Federal Trade Commission Chairman Timothy J. Muris

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/11/iprelease.htm

http://www.ftc.gov/os/2001/11/ciphearingsfrn.htm

So who's going to go to Washington DC and say that standards bodies
that enforce "RAND" are Conspiracies in Restraint of Trade?

http://zgp.org/~dmarti
dmarti@zgp.org                                  Free the web, burn all GIFs.
KG6INA                                               http://burnallgifs.org/