[linux-elitists] Phil Zimmermann on key exchange

M. Drew Streib dtype@dtype.org
Tue Nov 13 19:53:59 PST 2001

> Of course, anyone who wants to get anal will still be able to do so. An
> easy step you can take right now is to put your key fingerprint in an
> e-mail header. It won't sign the mail, but it will get archived when
> you post to a list, and give people some basis for trusting that key in
> the future.

Or you could sign the messages themselves. ;)

I'm actually thinking about implementing Phil's email verification scheme,
btw, although I'm still debating its usefulness. We'll see...

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org>, Free Standards Group
co-founder, SourceForge.net | core team, freedb | sysadmin, Linux Intl.