[linux-elitists] More news from the world of business

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Nov 7 14:11:39 PST 2001

Damn, I wish I had put that Charley Pride CD back in the right box so
that I could actually test the World's Smallest Circumvention Device:

//

And I wish I had known that someone would pay four million clams for
the Technology of Keeping Something from Being Copied By Labeling
It as Something Else.  Wait, I know -- you can prevent records from
being copied by labeling them as "Fresh Country Ham."  Where's my
money?  I mean it, where's my money?

Excerpt from one of the press releases these people keep sending me.

      PHOENIX, Arizona November 5, 2001 SunnComm, Inc.  (OTC: SUNX),
      a leader in digital content security for optical media,
      today announced that it has licensed its Proprietary Copy
      Management Technology to Dstage.com, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board:
      DSTG) for a one-time fee of $4,000,000.

      Designed to inhibit digital intellectual property from
      unauthorized duplication, this special licensing will enable
      Dstage to integrate the SunnComm technology exclusively for
      media player applications. This will insure that compilation
      discs and copies made and managed using the Dstage media player
      currently under development cannot, themselves, be duplicated.

      "Our digital content security for optical media will enable
      Dstage to integrate its media player applications with our
      technology, thereby substantially extending the CD user
      experience," SunnComm's President, Peter H. Jacobs stated.

(SunnComm stock pumping snipped.)

I'm off to Oakland for the Atlanta show.  See some of you there.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti
dmarti@zgp.org                                  Free the web, burn all GIFs.
KG6INA                                               http://burnallgifs.org/