[linux-elitists] Greg Aharonian (Free bonus circumvention device inside!)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 6 17:35:57 PST 2001

on Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 03:35:35PM -0800, Don Marti (dmarti@zgp.org) wrote:
> Greg Aharonian writes:
>
> "I have decided to write a critical review arguing that software
> copyright (and dependents like TRIPS, GPL, Bernstein, Junger) should
> be abolished in light of 17 USC 102b and its equivalents - for one
> reason - it is bad law with no logical basis in the mathematics
> and physics of information processing."
>
> Here it is at:
> http://www.bustpatents.com/aharonian/softcopy.htm

Prior comments notwithstanding, this *is* a good collection of relevant
caselaw regarding copyright and software.  Recommended reading on this
point alone.

Peace.