[hangout] Fwd: Re: [linux-elitists] It's all the US linux users' fault. [derek@cynicism.com]

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Sun Nov 4 01:21:39 PST 2001

What's worse is he's one of these Linux freeloaders.  He wants the security
to hack code, assure it's availibitlity, and have the benifits of the wider
linux/GNU community, but we gets rightous indignation that anyone should
defend the political rights which Linux was founded on.

Then he refuses to accept open markets to determine the price of Linux.
He would have us be share croppers to our own computers.

<<That is so very sad.  There are many things more wonderful and
important than money.  Perhaps someday he will discover what it is to be
a Mensch...>>

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Ruben Safir wrote:

> Comments needed....
>

> On 2001.11.03 04:53:46 -0500 Derek Vadala wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Ruben Safir wrote:
>
> > Alan is mostly right. Those who would split Linux from it's political
> > foundations do more damage than anything Alan could ever do. You can not
split
> > Linux from political freedom any more than you can split the press from the
> > issue of free speach.
>
> This is a bunch of bullshit. All you you zealots need to stop equating
> this with a fucking civil liberties issue. It's not one. Grow the fuck
> up. It's time to get over the notion that any of this isn't
> financial. It's only about money. Just like the fact that Linus works at
> Transmeta is only about money. Linux has been available to the highest
> bidder for several years now. It's just that everyone has conned you into
> thinking it's still free, so that you continue to producing code free of
> charge.
>
> ---
> Derek Vadala, derek@cynicism.com, http://www.cynicism.com/~derek

New Yorker Linux Users Scene
Fair Use -
because it's either fair use or useless....

--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

1-718-382-5752