[linux-elitists] It's all the US linux users' fault.

Rick Bradley roundeye@roundeye.net
Sat Nov 3 06:59:15 PST 2001

* Derek Vadala (derek@cynicism.com) [011103 03:56]:
> > Alan is mostly right. Those who would split Linux from it's political
> > foundations do more damage than anything Alan could ever do. You can not split
> > Linux from political freedom any more than you can split the press from the
> > issue of free speach.
>
> This is a bunch of bullshit. All you you zealots need to stop equating
> this with a fucking civil liberties issue. It's not one. Grow the fuck
> up. It's time to get over the notion that any of this isn't
> financial. It's only about money. Just like the fact that Linus works at
> Transmeta is only about money. Linux has been available to the highest
> bidder for several years now. It's just that everyone has conned you into
> thinking it's still free, so that you continue to producing code free of
> charge.

OH NO!  I'VE JUST SEEN THE LIGHT!  WE ARE BEING EXPLOITED BY THE
DOZENS OF MEGACORPS MAKING TRILLIONS OFF THE FREE SOFTWARE WE'VE BEEN
DUPED INTO PRODUCING FOR OUR CORPORATE OVERLORDS!!!!!

Gimme a break.  It's time for you corporate shills to grow up and
realize that the last decade was, in effect, a global scale exposition
that marketroids and venture capitalists can't make a buck with a
master engraver on staff.

The reason you morons can't understand Linux is because the most
important quality of Linux is its (libre) freedom, not its (dollar)
freedom.

Rick
--
 Mostly useless pseudo-random number: 927                      (68 F)
 http://xns.org/=rick@eastcore.net  CE7E0CBE7AB9F5EAF1E34943E8EB2BA10615B6E3