[linux-elitists] It's all the US linux users' fault.

Derek Vadala derek@cynicism.com
Fri Nov 2 12:31:08 PST 2001

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Ruben Safir wrote:

> users, and even LUG members are intessively anti-political (to coin a

No need. Apolitical works just fine.

I personally think that Alan is fucking everything up and this will surely
result in a kernel fork if it continues. And, he doesn't have the right to
try and force people to accept his idealogies. I suppose he does have the
right to withhold his source code from whomever he sees fit, however I'm
not a licensing junkie so you might want to consult with someone else on
that.

Then again, maybe he's legitimately afraid of violating the DMCA.

If this doesn't get dealt with, it's going to become an excuse for lots
folks to avoid Linux in the workplace. But, since Linux users don't
actually want people to use Linux, I suppose it's an irrelevant point.

---
Derek Vadala, derek@cynicism.com, http://www.cynicism.com/~derek