[linux-elitists] Must have free space lasers!

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue May 29 20:01:06 PDT 2001

begin Mr. Bad quotation of Fri, May 04, 2001 at 01:32:27PM -0700:

> "Fiber optics" is a good answer. I guess what I was getting at was
> that I don't think lasers are any good whatsoever for broadcast
> communications. They r0x0r for point-to-point stuff, but I don't think
> they'd be any good for building an anonymous pirate network of the
> air.

Well, if anybody has access to a couple of buildings within LoS,
and would like to do an in-depth, long-term review of the low-end
LightPointe lasers for Linux Journal, I now have a contact there who
can hook me up with a pair of review units. Reviewers in foggy areas
preferred.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti    -- Bruce Schneier, Secrets and Lies, p. 246.
dmarti@zgp.org    Free the Web, burn all GIFs: http://burnallgifs.org/