[linux-elitists] Closed Source Tests damage careers, schoolchildren

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon May 21 16:48:32 PDT 2001

Don Marti said:
> The problem is the whole "formal education" thing.  Get the hackers out
> of school, and vice versa.

Oh yeah, by all means. Let's see, we'd have no Free Software Foundation,
no Linux, no rsync, no samba, no Gnome Canvas, no Mach kernel, no free
implementations of BSD, vi, no emacs. Etc. ad nauseum.

Don, clearly you're too uneducated on this point.

I've learned a LOT in grad school (more than I care to admit to).

--
_Deirdre   NEW Stash-o-Matic: http://fuzzyorange.com  http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams