[linux-elitists] polluting spammers databases

Andy Bastien lists@yuggoth.net
Mon May 21 16:04:14 PDT 2001

Of all the days, it was on Mon, May 21, 2001 at 03:40:16PM -0700 that Karsten M. Self quoth:
> on Mon, May 21, 2001 at 06:23:30PM -0400, Andy Bastien (lists@yuggoth.net) wrote:
> > I've come up with a scheme lately (and I'm sure I'm not the first) to
> > make spammers' databases less usable by polluting their databases.
>
> http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/spam-bait.html

I knew I wasn't the first person to think of it.  There is a
difference, though, in that I'm talking about actively seeking out the
spammers to give them the bad information in contrast to placing the
bad information someplace where the spammers will pick it up on their
own.