[linux-elitists] Closed Source Tests damage careers, schoolchildren

Bulent Murtezaoglu bm@acm.org
Mon May 21 14:44:01 PDT 2001

    SL> [... horror story ...]  It's a fascinating
    SL> story of the risks of going with a closed source vendor - how
    SL> the company acts to perform damage control, lies, stalls,
    SL> compartmentalizes the damage by telling each complainer that
    SL> they are the only one experiencing problems, [...]

I do not like the way this is presented.  Inept school administration
and a clearly dishonest vendor might be a dangerous combination, but
the same could have happened with the same inept administrators and
a dishonest consulting house deploying open-source solutions.  This
is a risk of being stupid and doing business with crooks, it is not
a risk of going with a close source vendor.  Just IMHO, but I am
irritated enough to respond.  Comments?  How am I wrong?

cheers,

BM