[linux-elitists] Not in my job description

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed May 16 09:24:28 PDT 2001

begin  Don Marti Uses GIFs on the Sly quotation:
> begin  Rick Moen quotation of Wed, May 16, 2001 at 08:53:34AM -0700:
>
>> Yet another reason to have a personally-owned laptop machine, as Step
>> One -- on the way to finding a better job elsewhere.
>
> If they're that strict, they probably wouldn't let you bring it in.

Therefore, I'd work there roughly zero days.  (Oracle Corp. is
reportedly like that -- and you're reportedly not allowed to bring in
personally-owned cellular telephones, either.)

> Jack Moffitt and I are kind of puzzled as to what would play on all
> CD players but not be read by any CDROM drives.  Could rip-proof CDs
> simply be bullshit?

It's supposed to rely on computer CD players using a different family of
hardware-level protocols from what audio ones use.

--
Cheers,                   "Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm
Rick Moen                 for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he will be warm