[linux-elitists] Rick Moen uses gifs on the sly (but don't feel too proud)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon May 14 02:11:28 PDT 2001

begin  Karsten M. Self quotation:

> The alternative is probably to use some /usr/local directory for
> stashing Apache icon images.

That's probably what I'll do, in fact.  And I'll likely use PNG
specifically to help support the format.  (Certain Web browsers won't
display PNG properly, yet.  This'll help the Darwinian process.)

My list of installed Debian packages that contain GIFs:

apache-common
openssl

The latter is mildly surprising -- but I haven't yet investigated.

--
Cheers,              "Not using Microsoft products is like being a non-smoker
Rick Moen           40 or 50 years ago:  You can choose not to smoke, yourself,