.vimrc Re: [linux-elitists] lawyers, vim, software patents

Dan York dyork@e-smith.com
Sun May 13 17:28:10 PDT 2001

Don,

> I'd like to look at people's .vimrc files for an LJ piece; if you have
> anything particularly cool in yours, please post it and I'll give you
> appropriate credit if I use it.

Since I do a lot of writing in DocBook, I've added a bunch of macros
to my .vimrc to generate DocBook tags. Basically, in insert mode, I type:

  ,p

and I get:

  <para>
  </para>

with a whole bunch of more complicated examples in the file. Anyway, it's
up on my personal web site if you want to look at it:

  http://www.lodestar2.com/software/docbook/

Regards,
Dan