[linux-elitists] wardriving without the driving

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sun May 13 14:09:56 PDT 2001

begin  Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de quotation of Mon, May 14, 2001 at 12:49:15AM +0200:

> Don Marti wrote:
>
> > It would be fun to set up an anonymous WiFi-based Freenet dropbox
> > overlooking a crowded street or train station though. Walk through a
> > certain area with a node on a laptop in your backpack, and your stuff
> > gets out to the world.
>
> Wonderful: drive-by spamming.

No, the "dropbox" network would only have DHCP, local DNS, and Freenet
servers on it, and would not be routed out.

Drive-by spamming is already possible through many WiFi networks,
including one near you.