[linux-elitists] Rick Moen uses gifs on the sly (but don't feel to proud)

Joey Hess joeyh@debian.org
Wed May 9 21:05:44 PDT 2001

> So important severity bugs using terminoligy that will be incorrectly
> interpreted by Debian developers (like "foo is not free"), based on a
> higly dubious reading of a patent that does not necessarily apply to the
> person who will receive the bug is probably not the way to make any more
> headway on this issue. Mass filing of such bugs is liable to attract more
> than a few flames.

And I think you'll have better luck if you just give some of the details
you posted to the mailing list. It's reasonable to run a proxy that
blocks GIFs, as a statement, and apache not working right in that setup
is certianly some variety of bug.

--
see shy jo