[linux-elitists] Why Google Sucks

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Tue May 8 13:40:04 PDT 2001

I just got a call from Google, who we all know uses Linux and Python and
other cool stuff.

What I've found out is that the VP of Engineering of Google has looked
over my resume on more than one occasion and personally decided that I was
not a good fit for the company.

Now, mind you, this is despite the fact that I have applied for a position
that used Linux (which I have several years professional experience in),
Python (which I have several years professional experience in), and the
various software processes involved in spidering web sites and performing
search and retrieval. In fact, I've even done it at another company ON
Linux, in Python. In Mountain View even.

So, you might say I sound like a rather good match. So what was the hang
up?

Because I'm getting a Master's Degree in Computer Science -- and because
my undergraduate degree was NOT in CS.

Now if that isn't something for the annals of fuckedcompany.com, I don't
know what is.

--
_Deirdre   NEW Stash-o-Matic: http://fuzzyorange.com  http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams