[linux-elitists] Browser lovefest: Galeon rocks!

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Tue May 8 11:01:28 PDT 2001

on Tue, May 08, 2001 at 10:52:07AM -0700, Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com) wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 10:02:35AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > Skipstone also bears looking into, and I like its even *more* minimalist
> > philososphy, but I've got to straighten out the apt deps mess first
> > (above).
>
> Beware that the skipstone in Debian is very old. I would update it but
> the ancient mozilla version keeps me back. There is a slightly newer
> version at http://pandora.debian.org/~robot101/mozilla which goes with
> the 0.8 mozilla debs there, but if you really want it to work well I
> suggest installing Mozilla 0.9 and compiling skipstone from CVS
> (http://www.muhri.net/skipstone).

Skipstone development in general has seemed to lag Galeon.  There are
some nice features in Skipstone, notably tabbed browsing, but Galeon
appears to be incorporating most of these.

Skipstone's UI is a bit _too_ sparse for my preferences.  It's missing
some of the user-centric controls Galeon's got.