[linux-elitists] Konqueror (was: Microsoft prizes for rat finks)

mike@jurney.org mike@jurney.org
Tue May 8 08:47:51 PDT 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Rick Moen wrote:

> begin  Aaron Lehmann quotation:
>
> > Right, but the dependency tree contains packages such as the cdparanoia
> > library and libkmid2 (??). I wonder if KDE would relinquish these
> > dependencies if I compiled it myself, with custom options.
>
> Yeah, some of those are a little eyebrow-raising.
>
> > Navigator doesn't have a trash can.
>
> I'll take your word for it that there's some file-view mode that
> includes a trashcan, but I haven't come across it.
>
> And I concur with your points about what could be omitted or modified
> with net gain to the program _as_ a Web/ftp browser -- but, as is, it
> already passes my "free software & better than Communicator" test.
>
> Now, if I can just get Kaffe working with it.
>
> (Also, has anyone yet given Mozilla 0.9 a spin?)

I ran through the network installer for 0.9 this morning and I've been
very pleased thus far.  Much faster than the 0.8 build I was running
before.  I recommend it.

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike@jurney.org