[linux-elitists] Konqueror (was: Microsoft prizes for rat finks)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue May 8 08:45:38 PDT 2001

begin  Aaron Lehmann quotation:

> Right, but the dependency tree contains packages such as the cdparanoia
> library and libkmid2 (??). I wonder if KDE would relinquish these
> dependencies if I compiled it myself, with custom options.

Yeah, some of those are a little eyebrow-raising.

> Navigator doesn't have a trash can.

I'll take your word for it that there's some file-view mode that
includes a trashcan, but I haven't come across it.

And I concur with your points about what could be omitted or modified
with net gain to the program _as_ a Web/ftp browser -- but, as is, it
already passes my "free software & better than Communicator" test.

Now, if I can just get Kaffe working with it.

(Also, has anyone yet given Mozilla 0.9 a spin?)

--
Cheers,     Microsoft Corporation Gandhi-o-meter, revision 2001-05-03 beta01.
Rick Moen  "They ignore you." "They laugh at you." "They fight you." "You win."