[linux-elitists] Microsoft prizes for rat finks

Jeff Waugh jdub@aphid.net
Tue May 8 01:54:22 PDT 2001

<quote who="Aaron Lehmann">

> Furthermore, as far as I can tell /favicon.ico is a Microsoft-perpetuated
> mess that certain Microsoft browsers request from every single server (I
> vaguely recall discussion of it on this very list). And as far as I know,
> Konqueror is the only free browser that buys into this Microsoft
> "standard". AFAICT there was no way to turn it off.

Regardless of the fact that you're being trollish and stupid again, consider
the havoc we could unleash by finding a buffer overflow exploit based on
favicon.ico.

Thus, quit your whining Aaron, and do something productive for a change.
Gazillions of exploited (and thus enlightened) IE users will thank you for
it.

- Jeff

--
                          chown -R us:us yourbase