[linux-elitists] small browser

Peter Wiersig wiersig@glamus.de
Tue May 8 00:38:48 PDT 2001

On Tuesday 08 May 2001 04:23, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> It would have been really nice had they done us (and embedded systems
> users!) a favor and writen the HTML renderer to render to Xlib (I
> presume it is heavily based on Qt and C++). I wonder if it would be
> portable enough to port away from Qt. The Gnome folks seem to have
> pulled that off, but we all know how they bungled that project.

Hmm, X on embedded systems?

But you know that there is Qt/Embedded | Qt Palmtop Environment?[1] So that
your qt application should run on embedded devices without the need for X.

I tried konqueror-embedded[2] yesterday and must say it works and I have the
impression it is faster than konqueror. ( I tried it on my desktop of course.)

Perhaps this is more what you need.

See also the konq-e mailinglist[3]

Peter

[1] http://www.trolltech.com/company/announce/embeddeddl.html