Fwd: Re: [linux-elitists] Fwd: FC: Conservative groups celebrate "Victims of Pornography" month

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon May 7 14:58:41 PDT 2001

begin  Mr. Bad quotation of Sun, May 06, 2001 at 11:13:19PM -0700:

> The question before the jury: PLUS ADDRESSES: are they elite, or not?

Depends what you use them for. username+listname at first glance looks
pretty lame since it conveys no information that isn't already in the
headers. OTOH it is less likely to break than a header-based recipe when
a list moves from one sending domain or mailing list manager to another,
so if you're on so many mailing lists that they're always changing out
from under you, and want to put each one in its own box, it could be a
good solution.

But subscribing without the +suffix then posting from there to a
subscriber-post-only list is lame.

username+datecode with old datecodes discarded is highly lame; a
hiding-from-spammers trick that makes your address useless to people who
find your address in archives.

username+thinkcash to buy a higher position in a mail scoring system,
now that's elite.