Aharonian is an ass, AOL == retards, and crond must die (was Re: [linux-elitists] [ruben@mrbrklyn.com: Microsoft proposing Free Software ban])

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri May 4 14:08:31 PDT 2001

begin  Karsten M. Self quotation of Fri, May 04, 2001 at 01:31:31PM -0700:

> A few interesting responses.
> Greg Aharonian/PATNEWS:  This isn't MS v. Free Software, it's MS v. IBM:

Aharonian is making an ass of himself here. You could say "they have a
secret plan to kill Linux" about anybody, and without specifics it's
worth nothing.

Watch:

Wal-Mart has a secret plan to wipe out Free Software and make RMS get a
job as a waiter, as soon as they wipe out Amazon and Home Depot.

See how easy that was?

>     http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/18746.html
>
>     AOL is considering what amounts to all out war on Microsoft and
>     Legacy MS Windows XP

All-out war?  They're not reading any Sun Tsu books I know.
"Warner Music endorses Windows Media format"
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-3350083.html

ObElitist:

Here's a serious question, which Mr. Bad asked quite a while ago, but
I haven't seen a reasonable answer to. Why do GNU/Linux distributions
have both crond and atd running? Why not just run atrun from cron?

The smaller your ps ax output, the more elite you are.