[linux-elitists] Must have free space lasers!

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri May 4 09:36:17 PDT 2001

begin  Ben Woodard quotation of Fri, May 04, 2001 at 07:40:13AM -0700:

> It is easier than you think. Ham radio people do what is called EME
> (Earth Moon Earth) radio contacts all the time.

I read that the Navy was bouncing signals off the Moon to hide the
locations of ships. What frequencies can you do this with, and is it
hard to find you when you do it?

If you could do it with a frequency for which lots of people have
receivers, you could do a periodic untraceable broadcast of suppressed
information.