[linux-elitists] (no subject)

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Thu May 3 20:08:31 PDT 2001

<An I.B.M. executive said that his company had considered the issues
          surrounding the protection of intellectual property and had
decided
          that it was possible to follow both a proprietary and a shared
          business model, even one based on the G.P.L.

          The executive, Irving Wladawsky- Berger, an I.B.M. vice
president,
          said, "If we thought this was a trap, we wouldn't be doing it,
and as
          you know, we have a lot of lawyers.">>

IBM answers Microsoft - this reminds me of the joke about MS and GM and
Congress.

Ruben

--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions