[linux-elitists] Must have free space lasers!

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu May 3 14:20:40 PDT 2001

I'm going to Networld+Interop to check out, among other things, Free
Space Lasers, which look like a possible interesting way to connect
freaknets further and faster than 802.11b. (And I bet I could get Linux
Journal Management to try them for an across-the-street connection too.)

Anyone tried free space lasers yet? And does the lightpointe.com web
site suck or what? Dammit, couldn't they have thought, "Hmm, maybe
somebody will decide to visit this site to get actual information about
actual lasers." I could give a rat's ass what their company mission is
to be the global leader of. I want _lasers_! Oh, wait, here they are.

http://lightpointe.com/pdf/flight_specs20010425.pdf

Any other interesting ones?