[linux-elitists] [ruben@mrbrklyn.com: Microsoft proposing FreeSoftware ban]

Thu May 3 09:35:52 PDT 2001

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:

> NEW YORK--U.S. software giant Microsoft Corp. is expected to defend
> its business model, arguing that giving away and sharing software code
> could undermine intellectual property of countries and companies,

Even their FUD is of mediocre quality lately.

I should actually talk to my boss whether I can publish parts of the
application I'm developing. It's worthless without the database, but the
framework (XML-RPC, Medusa) might be useful to other people (I'm a crappy
programmer, so it's bad code, but it's a matter of principle). Of course
I'm still going to post it to Freenet/Mojonation, whether I'm going to get
the permission or not.