[linux-elitists] Fair Use Education

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Wed May 2 16:43:16 PDT 2001

After our meeting last night, Jay and I discussed the possibility of
starting a
scholarship program for a $1000 US Savings Bond (or $500 to the school of
their choice) for the best essay on the following topic:

Why is Fair Use and how what is it's importance in the digital age:
Emphasis on discussion of the DMCA of 1998.

Or something of this affect.

I'm pledging $500 for this and anyone else who wants to can also contribute
and we'll change the prize accordingly.  After getting the plegdes. I hope
to get the word out to the NYC Board of Ed.  Results will be published,
allong with essays on NYFAIRUSE.org

Ideas?

Ruben

--