[linux-elitists] speaking of hunting/defeating spammers...

Joseph S. Barrera III joe@barrera.org
Wed May 2 11:37:31 PDT 2001

Also sprach Karsten M. Self:
> on Wed, May 02, 2001 at 04:30:21AM -0400, Joseph S. Barrera III (joe@barrera.org) wrote:
> > Sounds very cool. Are there FAQs or cookbooks on doing this?
> > Do you have your setup described or on view somewhere?
>
> Freshmeat.  I use ricochet.  spam.pl is another tool I've looked at.

Cool, thanks.

> > Now I can live with losing such people from list discussions, but it
> > would be nice if I didn't have to.
>
> ...and every time you want to reply to one of them from list you have to
> deal with their munged address.  I find this bloody inconvenient.

Well, the munging would only happen in the archives, not in messages
sent to members. So for example, when I hit reply in my mailer, I'd
still get a valid address. Only if I cut-and-paste the address from
the archive web site (e.g. http://zgp.org/pipermail/linux-elitists)
would I get an address that I'd have to fix.

- Joe