[linux-elitists] speaking of hunting/defeating spammers...

Wed May 2 02:05:51 PDT 2001

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> Why do spammers spam? Are they idiots or blatant sadistic misanthropes?

Database of 40 million addresses: $120.

A couple of throwaway accounts at spam-friendly ISP for your choice, to
spam as many as are humanly possible: $250

1000 extra sales to gullible, clueless idiots: priceless.

Oh, and of course being a blatant sadistic misanthrope helps.
I thank to god I'm now older, and cruise on way less testosterone,
as some of the spammers would have ran a real dangers of becoming
a red spray of tissue in the landscape.