[linux-elitists] speaking of hunting/defeating spammers...

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Wed May 2 00:43:26 PDT 2001

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 12:34:54AM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> List policy here is that subscriptions must be approved, and the list
> member page is available only to the people on it, but addresses in the
> archives are not, and will never be, munged to hide from spammers. So
> lurkers' addresses probably won't get crawled while posters' will be.

Why do spammers spam? Are they idiots or blatant sadistic misanthropes?

Does _ANYONE_ actually read or reply serriously to spam? I can't
imagine anyone making money from spam unless the net population is a
few order of magnitudes dumber than I envision.