[linux-elitists] speaking of hunting/defeating spammers...

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed May 2 00:34:54 PDT 2001

begin  Aaron Lehmann quotation of Tue, May 01, 2001 at 10:52:03PM -0700:

> He has a really insightful rant on giving in to spammers at the
> expense of everyone else like this, but I can't be bothered to dig it
> up every time someone encourages the modern "we've-lost" mentality.

List policy here is that subscriptions must be approved, and the list
member page is available only to the people on it, but addresses in the
archives are not, and will never be, munged to hide from spammers. So
lurkers' addresses probably won't get crawled while posters' will be.

I think most of the people on this list get mail for at least one
"postmaster" address -- ever get any spam there? (Every "webmaster"
address gets spam though.)