[linux-elitists] speaking of hunting/defeating spammers...

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Tue May 1 22:52:03 PDT 2001

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 11:07:11PM -0400, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
> ... What existing art is there for rewriting/mangling/munging email
> addresses in public archives of mailing lists so that said email
> addresses cannot be harvested by spammers?
>
> Is there a forum where this topic is constantly discussed, and I'm
> just stupid and don't know about it?

GET OFF DON'S LIST.

He has a really insightful rant on giving in to spammers at the
expense of everyone else like this, but I can't be bothered to dig it
up every time someone encourages the modern "we've-lost" mentality.