[linux-elitists] speaking of hunting/defeating spammers...

Derek Vadala derek@cynicism.com
Tue May 1 22:30:33 PDT 2001

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> > ... What existing art is there for rewriting/mangling/munging email
> > addresses in public archives of mailing lists so that said email
> > addresses cannot be harvested by spammers?
>
> Perhaps your archiving software of choice can filter emails (piped, Perl
> expressions, whatever) as they're added to an archive - I tried looking for
> this in MHonArc, but it doesn't seem to.

Apologies in advance, because I haven't been following this thread, but
perhaps the obscure_address option in Mailman handles this? It's clear
from the docs that it will munge addresses in list admin pages, but
doesn't mention anything about archives...

---
Derek Vadala, derek@cynicism.com, http://www.cynicism.com/~derek