[linux-elitists] speaking of hunting/defeating spammers...

Jeff Waugh jdub@aphid.net
Tue May 1 22:04:42 PDT 2001

<quote who="Joseph S. Barrera III">

> ... What existing art is there for rewriting/mangling/munging email
> addresses in public archives of mailing lists so that said email
> addresses cannot be harvested by spammers?

How about sed? :) I'm being entirely serious too - it works for us.

Perhaps your archiving software of choice can filter emails (piped, Perl
expressions, whatever) as they're added to an archive - I tried looking for
this in MHonArc, but it doesn't seem to.

- Jeff

--
         "From my observation, when it comes to porting Linux to a
     particular device, a point doesn't appear to be necessary." - mpt