[linux-elitists] MS Office for RH

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Sat Mar 31 21:57:34 PST 2001

> Maybe we can get DJB to improve it's licensing....and remove it's security
> holes.

Then everyone will whine that it has no macro language.

I maintain that my systems are more productive without productivity
software.  It's my story and I'm sticking to it.  And does anyone know
a good book on learning raw Postscript or do I have to bug my pal who
wrote CP/M terminal software for his printer back in umpty-when.

> > Has anyone seen an anouncment of MS Office for RH available?
> >
> > Ruben
>
> I have heard rumors of this for some time.  Like Red Hat's breaking even
> according to Generally Accepted Accounting Practices, this port, with the
> new license!, comes at just the right time.

It goes pretty well with my "all word processors suck" rant this month.
Not rolled out yet, of course, but soon, since my part of the puzzle is
posted...

-* Heather Stern * star@starshine.org * The Answer Gang's Editor Gal *-
   The Linux Gazette (http://www.linuxgazette.com) is under the LDP