[linux-elitists] What is the Elite MTA?

tc lewis tcl@bunzy.net
Fri Mar 30 22:49:22 PST 2001

On 30 Mar 2001, Mr.Bad wrote:
>     tl> and many have found the opposite.  and many have found that
>     tl> sendmail is complete garbage.  many have found postfix to not
>     tl> perform as well or be as useful as qmail.  worthless argument.
>
> Wow. I'm just stunned to see the argument "It may be less Free but it
> works better and that's all I need" on linux-elitists. Who the hell
> are you people? Shouldn't you be busy writing petitions to Apple
> asking for a Linux version of Quicktime or something?
>
> It's just turning my stomach. Lily-livered gutless tools of the Man,
> parading around like you know Thing One about Freedom when your chains
> are visible for all to see. For shame! For SHAAAAAAAME!

shouldn't you be using bsd so you can take your changes private?  turns my
stomach!  turns my stomach that you would be a software nazi (ruben quote)
and force everyone to keep changes to your software free!

</dripping sarcasm>

it's obviously a matter of where one draws the line.  it's obviously
subjective.  and your analogy is obviously way way way off target.

but like i said, i'm not really interested in discussing this side of the
qmail argument at the moment.

carry on.

-tcl.