[linux-elitists] What is the Elite MTA?

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Fri Mar 30 21:01:07 PST 2001

> <quote who="Jeremy McLeod">
>
> > I can have a qmail system completely functional and adherent to whatever
> > specifications I feel like mandating within an hour. If you consider
> > that time consuming, then so be it. I, however, do not.
>
> Heh. You're using an hour as a *good* argument? Hezus.
>
> - Jeff

I was much more generous, I gave it 3 days of medium interest amid other
things, but it still stunk at virtuals.

I don't really care if this is a coding problem or a documentation problem.
(Well, okay, I do, but only because I have a soft spot for projects getting
off their duff and documenting themselves better.)

When more alternatives exist, I usually try those before bothering to sink
my teeth into evil things like reading the source to find out what the author
was deluded into thinking was "the simple way".  Rarely has this led me to
run out of software, in the shareware world before, or the open world now.
Thus, I still have hair.

It's not the time, it's all the cool things you could be doing instead.
But this is why there are multiple apps for everything.  One man's "hey cool"
is "oh my gawd whatta mess" to another.  Plus ca change plus ca meme chose
(cool marks omitted cuz I'm too lazy to type heirglyphs today)

* Heather * What no spouse of a writer can ever understand is that a writer
            is working when he's staring out the window.