[linux-elitists] What is the Elite MTA?

Jason Wright peewee@scc.mi.org
Fri Mar 30 16:43:22 PST 2001

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 01:35:49PM -0800, Heather spewed forth:

> > I am figting to get postfix working on my Debian Potato box (missing files /
> > bad symlinks,) and was wondering if thats the righw way to go, or is there a
> > better, more elite MTA that I should use.
>
> Works for us here at Starshine...

the potato version works fine for me on a number[1] of machines.  however,
several of these machines are actually running testing, and the testing
postfix package is uninstallable due to an unmet libldap dependancy.
unstable's postfix package, last i checked, had the same problem.  i
last checked testing this last night and unstable last week.

no, none of the debian/testing machines are production servers.  ;)

PeeWee

[1]  about 8 machines total, 2 of them at home.  1 production server
with load - my company's imp machine - and the rest just for the
occasional email out of cron.  our main mail routers and backend imap
server run postfix, but on solaris[2].

[2] deal with it.  ;)

--
email: peewee@scc.mi.org - useless: http://www.scc.mi.org/peewee/ - efnet:  Pwe
i aspire to be the village idiot. however, i do live in the global village. -me