[linux-elitists] What is the Elite MTA?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 30 11:41:25 PST 2001

begin  Jeremy McLeod quotation:

> And many others have not.

Feel free to form a fan club with them, then.  (Oh, you probably already
have.)

> Wrong. You're not able to distribute _binary_ packages of Dan's software
> that vary from the layout and behavior that installing those packages
> from pristine source would have.

True.  Correction noted.

So, all we have to do is due without binary software distribution, if we
want to be able to distribued fixed versions.  Yeah.  But then there's
Postfix.

> I can have a qmail system completely functional and adherent to whatever
> specifications I feel like mandating within an hour.

Yes, the ones _you_ feel like mandating.  Quite.  Talk to Wayne Earl, if
you start becoming able to talk reasonably on the subject.

> State your point, if you have one.

Thank you, no.  Lunch beckons.

> NOTIFY, AXFR, IXFR, et al, are not essential to the operation of the
> Domain Name System, and never will be.

Then we have a difference of view.  I consider omission of IETF Notify,
in particular, to be just not reasonable in 2001.

You feel differently.  Deal.

rick@linuxmafia.com                           Or denied.  So there.