[linux-elitists] What is the Elite MTA?

Jeremy McLeod jeremym@loonix.org
Fri Mar 30 08:50:36 PST 2001

Indeed. According to Ruben and some others, qmail fails to fall back to
a lower preference MX if the first MX isn't available, and actually
responds with "not available" or somesuch when queried.

Apparently this is a SHOULD feature, rather than a MUST, although I've
yet to see any reference to which RFC and which particular section of
that RFC this SHOULD feature appears.