[linux-elitists] What is the Elite MTA?

mike@jurney.org mike@jurney.org
Fri Mar 30 06:58:43 PST 2001

This has been gone over and over on the nylug list, btw.  Qmail isn't non
compliant, it just doesn't behave like Sendmail.

He's correct that it's not Free, in fact it's not licensed at all.  It is,
however, freely distributable and may be deployed with patches.  Details
can be found at the qmail homepage:  http://cr.yp.to/qmail

It's also a very, very good MTA.

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:

> qmail fails to comply with rfc's to check the DNS entry tree in case of
> failure.
>

> Most importantly, the software is not free software.
>

> On 2001.03.30 09:24:18 -0500 msmith@init0.org wrote:
> http://www.qmail.org
>
> all praise djb.

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:18:24 -0600 John Beimler wrote:
>
> > I am figting to get postfix working on my Debian Potato box (missing
> > files /
> > bad symlinks,) and was wondering if thats the righw way to go, or is
> > there a
> > better, more elite MTA that I should use.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > john

Michael D. Jurney
mike@jurney.org